Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bow and Arrows!!!!

Jason got a Bow and Arrow set for Christmas, so today we finally got some bales of hay to shoot at. It's pretty fun, well at least when it hits the actual bale. :-)
I am actually not that bad at it! I have shot before at camp and friends houses, so I had already had some practice. I am the only one so far to actually hit the target! :-)lol Jason has a little bit of trouble pulling back the bow with the arrow on it. He says he's afraid that it's going to snap back and hit his hand....which is no where near where the bow goes. So we might have to get an easier/kids one for him.
Eric trying to get the arrow on the bow:-)

Eric getting a little to happy with the spray paint (which he used to mark the target) :-)
Eric trying to show me how to hold the bow and arrow, so I don't hurt my self:-)........which I always seem to do no matter what I'm doing:-)

Bulls Eye, Baby!!!..like my hat??:-).....it's kinda cold here:-)

Jason trying to get the hang of it....(for some reason I really like this picture....)

6 comments:

Ellie said...

Haha! What was up with the hat? It is pretty cute.

Ellie said...

What happened to the picture that I took of you at TOG? I liked that one!!

Amanda said...

It was really cold out and it was the first hat I grabed out of the bin! lol
I was tired of seeing that picture:-).........No, I was bored and so I decided to change the picture:-)

Anonymous said...

I used to teach a unit on archery to my gym classes. It's important to remember that you are not dealing with a toy. Enjoy, but use common sense!
Grampa

Anonymous said...

19.484

Anonymous said...

Hi AManda, My name is Chloe Steinke. I am a mother of two preschoolers and a newborn baby. I am a South african living in Chicago with my husband and family. I want to thank you for your AWESOME blog. We stumbled upon it when my four year old son asked me what "bulls eye" is and we punched "Bulls Eye Bow and Arrow Photo" into Google and up popped a photo of you and your brother using your bow and arrow. Well done for shining for Jesus Christ. I was so proud to read my son your "summary" of who you are and how you serve Jesus. I am also passionate about serving and reaching orphans in Africa and I loved your link that read "We need Africa more than Africa need us". Its true - totally true. I grew up in Cape Town and worked for many years in the shanty towns during Apartheid. There are many amazing believers in those poor areas that love Jesus Christ with all their being and serve him so joyfully and passionately with absolutely nothing. Anyways, we wanted to say hi, well done, keep shining for Jesus and it encourages me to keep praying that my kids will one day serve Jesus as passionately as you do. God bless, Chloe, Tim, Jethro, Sophia, and Sasha Steinke.