Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Alex's Army Comisioning Ceramony/Collage Graduation

Alex had his Army commission toward the beginning of December. He is now a Officer. It was really nice. Grammy, Grandpa, and my cousin came down from Mass., so it was really nice to see them. They had a dinner for just the Army comisionies, where it was a more personal commission, Mom and Dad got to go up and pin on his gold bars, Alex gave his first solute, gave the Oath of Honor, all the officers got to make a short speech, and they had acouple different speakers. The next morning, we got up early and headed over to NC State for Alexs' Collage Graduation. It was pretty big, but it was good. Then that afternoon we went to another commissioning ceremony for all the branches of the Military together. That was also a nice ceremony. They had each branch come up and give the oath of honor. and they had couple different speakers.


Me and My Big Brother:-)

The whle gang:-)

Alex with his gear tree

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a friend of Ellie. I saw you with her a while back at a theater, I think ya'll were about to see NT2 or something... I don't think you saw me :)
Anyway, my brother is in the Marines. He has been in for three years, has been to Iraq twice, and is fixing to go again. When he gets back he will have fulfilled his 4 yr. commitment. He made Sgt. in December!
Is your brother planning on making the Army his career?

GrammaJelly said...

Love these pictures, Amanda. This one of you and your big brother is a real 'keeper'...extra nice memento. I wouldn't have missed this for anything...so glad we were able to come.
love, gram