Monday, March 29, 2010

BOONE...I like you a lot.

well somethings came up last minute, and I ended up not being able to go with Erica and her family up north. Big Bummer. So I planned a last minute long weekend to Boone to visit Sarah at Appalachian State. :) One of my bestest friends Emily came with me, and we hitched a ride up there with some of our friends who were already planning on going. It was a good weekend...just what I needed :) We got there Thursday Evening and stayed till Sunday afternoon. I'm happy I got to spend the weekend with Emily, Sarah, and Amy three people I don't hang out with very often. I forget how much fun emily and I have together! And now that basketball is over, we shall make sure more of it happens. Anywho..Thursday we went to CRU (campus crusade), which I really liked and boy did it make me miss the old days in youth group. Friday we spent the morning at a photo studio, where sarah took pictures of Emily and I for 4 hours. It was a blast, but the muscles in my face were so dead after leaving that place, I couldn't smile haha..we then spent the afternoon in our sweat pants ( I love me some sweat pants ) in her apartment watching gilmore girls. Sarah had RA duty that night, so Amy and I cooked dinner. Yikes. we are not a good mix when it comes to being in the kitchen. After we came up with something that looked at least edible we went down stairs to the lobby to eat our white train wreck, as I called it and watched Disney Channel...you can never be to old for Disney channel. We got to bed around 2, and I drifted off to wonderful sleep.......only to be rudely awaken by voices in the hallway. A couple of drunk guys were at our door yelling. "Sarah, Katy, Lindsey, and Hannah (sarah and her suit mates)! are any of you guys HOT?" they then preceded to start talking about how they remember seeing Hannah, and hot she is. very loudly I might add. Right out side our door. So I went and woke up Sarah, as an RA she's supposed to go out and yell at them to go back to their room and be quite. But since we weren't sure how many of them their were out there, she decided it was safer to just call the campus police to come take care of it. We think the drunks left before the police got there, but either way, I was just happy to have peace and quite to slip off into glorious sleep. :)
Saturday we had a picnic and spent the afternoon at the park. mmm..the weather was really pretty. Saturday Night we went to Lifted. A concert to raise sex trafficking awareness and support. It was a really good concert. They had like 5 different bands come play, and a couple speakers. After that we ventured over to cook-out for a late night bite, and then went back to the apartment and watched a movie with Eric, his girlfriend Ryan, an Anna, and Caleb. (the two we drove up with) got to bed late again. at leas their were no drunken interruptions that night. Sunday we went to church and hung out before starting our trek back home.
I'm so happy we decided to go, it was a wonderful weekend for all :)

dumbest piece of play ground equipment ever made...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for inviting me to go. I had a great time. Oh and by the way, "PUNCH BUG" :-)