Monday, March 10, 2008

The Great Odysseus

This past Thursday our TOG co-op had our Unit celebration. The last nine weeks we have been learning about Ancient Greece, so the "Theme" was Ancient Greece! Everyone brought a Greek appetizer or dessert. I must say I'll stick with American food:-) My class 8-9th graders preformed a play about Odysseus and his many adventures. It was alot of fun preforming. We did use scripts (we only had one rehearsal:-) We all had many parts, some having to change characters in the middle of scene! I was Athena (The Goddess of War), Poseidon(God of the Sea), Polyphemus(a Cyclops), Suitor 1,3,&5(lol), and Eurykleia (A nurse). We had to cut out 4 scenes due to time, so I didn't get to be Calypso, A Siren , soldier 2 & 4, or Hermes :-(
It was fun running out in the hallway searching through piles of stuff searching for your next costume/props when you were already supposed to be out on stage :-) Over all it was just a fun night :-)

The next morning for class we went to a local Greek restaurant for lunch. I wasn't that adventurous and got the Chicken Gyro, but I guess I was more adventurous then Mickie who got a cheeseburger:-) Mom and Mrs. Tracy got sampler plates and were trying to get us to eat some of it:-(. I stuck with the Pita bread:-)





Ellie sporting the Greek chiton and olive branch wreath



Odysseus's Angels..lol



THE CREW.....:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

GrammaJelly said...

This looked like soooo much fun! What a wonderful way to learn about all these gods and goddesses...bet you'll remember them forever. Great for when you play Trivia Pursuit. Love you...Gram

Anonymous said...

Haha Ellie, you look sooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Amanda said...

I must agree with Abigail, Ellie looks hilarious!....
It's just Ellie being Ellie :-)

Jeremiah, James and Josiah said...

Hehehe! That IS a hilarious picture of me. It was funny, stupid but funny. :P Hey did you get the video yet? I want to see it!