Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Washington DC!

Oh my goodness! so many things have happened since the last time I wrote. I'll start with the acouple weeks ago, and make my way up to present day :)
I was surprised with a phone call three weekends ago. A phone call at 10pm on a Saturday night to be exact. It was one of my bestest friends, a miss emily, calling inviting me to go to Washington D.C. with her family for the week! They were leaving Sunday morning. Yes, as in 11 hours from the time she called. Those of you who know me, know that I do NOT like surprises, and spontanious things are fun, as long as I'm apart of the planning of the spontaniousness. haha So after I got past the freaking out, that I only had 11 hours to pack, AND get a goods night sleep, and I hadn't even made a to-do/packnig list yet! (I love lists. other wise I would get nothing done) I was able to focus a little more ;) I was all packed with in 3 hours, got 6 hours of sleep, and was at their house 9am the next morning all ready to head out...Yes, people. I think this is a new record. It took me at least 2 days to pack for boone, and that was planned, and only for a weekend!
Anywho. So we set off for Washington D.C! I loveee DC. It's my favorite city in the US, which made me even more happy about the trip :) We stayed with the Nemitz's great aunt, which was nice to be in a house instead of all of us in a hotel.
Oh the week was so much fun! My feet were like bloody pulps by the end, but that's the price you got to pay when you go on vacation with Mrs. Eve. haha, but yes, before I go into what we did each day, I want you to know, we walked everywhereee and them some more. the only time we used a car was basically to get to the house from the city and back. ok. Monday we went to the Holocaust Museum, Fords Theater (one of my favorite places we went!), The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (where they make all the paper money. Millions and Millions of dollars were convayerd in front of us..never gonna see that much money at one time again in my lifeee), Vietnam war memorial, Korean war memorial, Lincoln memorial (there were a lot of memorials..), and outside the white house. Monday was a fullll day. after leaving around 9:30am we didn't get home til almost 10pm that night. Tuesday we went to the Smithsonian museum of American History...like the biggest Museum I've ever been to I think...., Missy (emily's great aunt) met us in the park for lunch, and then we all headed over to the National Aquarium for the Parana feeding. 1st - Something with the word "National" in it's title just means it supposed to be Big! and Grand! No. This "National" aquarium was about as big as my house (one story by the way), in the basement of an office building. And the big sign that says "PRANA FEEDING TODAY!" well that's a rip off to. Cuz once you pay $10 to get yourself in, you sit and watch this small tank with about 10 parana's in it. You're sitting there expecting to see this big exciting thing of parana lashing and fighting and biting...but no. Apperently, they feed the parana's every other day to keep them happy and to keep them from turning on each other. So when they through in the tiny little pieces of meet, the fish took turns swimming to the top and sucking it whole. It was about as exciting as watching your cousin Bill feed his Gold Fish. Anywho. After the going to the "National aquarium" we went back to Fords theater to see the house Lincoln died in. Well one thing led to another and Mrs. Eve almost got in a fist fight with the National Park lady guarding the door haha.... 20 minutes later after some huffing and puffing, and pursing of the lips we were finally aloud into the house. haha. Last on the list for the day, we went to the Old Post office. This place was pretty cool too. We got to go up to the old bell tour, which is like 397542 stories high, wich took some flights of stairs and two different elevatores to get up to.
Wednesday. RAIN. Now you might think that due to the rain we might alter our plans a little. But oh no. Not with Mrs. Eve leading the pack. So we ventured off to Mt. Vernon (George Washingtons house) and then to Arlington Cemitary to watch the changing of the guards. ALL in the pouring rain. We were lucky enough to have these super cool ponchos to stay dry, and the dye in my bag ellie gave me from guatamala was lucking enough to bleed all over my pants. Hot pink dye by the way. No, but with all the rain, "super cool ponchos" and dye, it was still a blast, and gave some super funny stories to tell people. Thursday we spent the day at the National Zoo. Ok this "National" place was a little better. AND they had Pandas! I love Pandas! Then Friday evening we headed back home. The whole week was just such a blast. I had such a good time hangin out with Emily and her Family. The trip was JUST what I needed.


Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com

1 comment:

Eve said...

Just for the record - I did NOT almost get into a fist fight AND you looked lovely in your poncho AND the pink dye washed right out! :)