Wednesday, November 11, 2009

dribble, scratch, pass, push,shoot, shove,

Basketball is upon us, and I'm actually surprisingly not that sad about it! lol. Now before you get all like whaaa? lighthouse sports takes up 8 1/2 months out of the 12 months in a year! And sometimes I just want a break! But right now, I'm lovin' it! :) I'm on Varsity this year, and it's just wonderfully wonderful. My. team. is. amazing. The Varsity team last year graduated 6 seniors, and another player didn't come back. So we only have 3 returning varsity players, and then Erica and I moved up from JV ( we went to Liberty, and played some games with Varsity last year so we're not "totally" new). And we have 3 new girls. Which ends us up with a Whopping 8 players! Which when, we have players getting in foul trouble during the game, and you already are low on substitutions, well you get tired fast, but you just got to keep on running. haha. But I'm really enjoying all the girls on my team, we all get along REALLY well, and we have so much fun together. We still have somethings to work on, when on the court - i.e. communicating, making better passes, etc.
We went to a Tip-Off Classic basketball tournament in Greensboro, this past weekend to start off our season. We won our first game, and lost the next two, but it was still fun. We learned a lot about what we need to work on, and it was fun just to finally get to play together in a game. We might not win that many games this year, but I wouldn't trade my team for anything. Nope, nothing. Nada. :)

some of my peeps! ...Erkle, Me, Mo, Tiff, and Faithy on the bottom..we were trying to be statues...I think. :)

No comments: