Thursday, November 26, 2009

Count your blessings..

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! right behind Christmas...nothing can beat christmas :)
I am so grateful for the Blessings in my life. God has blessed me with a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, Delicious food to eat, Awesome parents who love and provide for me, goofy siblings, Amazing friends, and his unconditional love which we don't deserve.
I hope all of you take the time to really meditate on how God has blessed you. People take so much for granted in our world today and don't realize how blessed they really are. Concentrating on what they don't have, complaining about how they don't have the latest fashion of clothing or the designer shoes and hand bags, or the newest version in electronics, or a new car, or maybe the toy they saw on a tv commercial;even though they already have plenty of toys, even little things like complaining about a long line in the grocery store. There are people all over the world that all they have are the clothes on their backs and they have to WALK miles and miles to get to clean drinking water. And here we are worrying about having the most popular items at the time, where these peoples only worry is how they are going to feed their family. So next time you complain about a long line in the store, stop and think about it, God has blessed you with with a place like the grocery store to be able to get food and supplies, he has also blessed you with money for these things. Now don't get me wrong. I am completely guilty for all these things. It just goes to show our sinful nature.How we can be so selfish and in want, when all God does is love and provide for us.
Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings. But I hope it doesn't stop there. We should count our blessings and and be thankful for what God has given us everyday of our lives. And be looking to see how we can help the ones around us other then what we can do for our selves...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

YOU are one of my biggest blessings. I love you, sweet girl.