Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day



8am basketball practice. That's how I started my Valentines Day. We have a big basketball tournament this weekend and then the weekend after that. So my coach is going all crazy and adding a whole bunch more practices for the next two weeks. Including 8am last Sat morning. I hate getting up early on Saturdays....Scratch that...I hate getting up early period. Never less getting up early to go to basketball practice! Oh well... that was our last one early morning practice...I hope. But ya, so had basketball practice from 8am-10am. Then I came home and worked on the dreaded program. The dreaded program would be for the basketball tournament this weekend, which my dad is running. So I got drafted to create the program again (I did it last year). And I know what your thinking, oh a program that's not difficult, why is she complaining???. Well people this program includes 50 different teams being listed along with there entire roster, Jersey numbers, positions, and height, a whole bunch of advertisements from businesses. Brackets and schedules for the tournaments, contacts for all the teams, and letters from the NCHEAC board. So far I am at 38 pages, and I'm not done yet. Yes, so I sat down at the computer on Saturday at 10:30am and didn't get up till 5:30pm. Only because, Jason and I went to the Nemitz's house while Mr. Ryan and Mrs. Eve went out with parents for dinner. So that was definitely a nice break! We got home from the Nemitz's around 11pm and I sat down at the computer for another 3 hours. I finally got into bed around 2am....still not done with the program. Anyways that was my valentines day! Hope you guys had a better one then me! :P
Well I gotta go work on the program! haha....

4 comments:

Beth said...

You know you love doing it! Just like keeping the scorebook for V-Boys... you hate when someone else does it because they might not do things "right", aka your way. :-)
so if the info had been in when it was SUPPOSED to be in, and you had 2 weeks to do it, you really wouldn't mind at all. Am I right?? It is the crunch that is no fun.

Enjoying Life Together said...

Okay, let's look for the silver lining. At least you're at your house with your family doing something for your dad ... and not having to get a tooth pulled or something dreadful like that! :)

Hope the basketball tournaments go well for your team!!

Enjoying Life Together said...

One more thing...the play was great. My kids were still talking about it today.

GrammaJelly said...

I know that you probably don't want to hear it from me, but I'm so glad that you have this opportunity to create such an advanced project in word-processing/desktop publishing. This is a wonderful addendum to your transcript. Congratulations for a job well done ! ! ! ! (even if my wishes are early). Lots of love, Gram